Networker

[Networker] Unable to get size of extended attributes?

2007-05-30 16:46:02
Subject: [Networker] Unable to get size of extended attributes?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:43:16 -0400
I occasionally see the following message from the savegroup completion notification for one of my groups:

* client:/path save: Unable to get size of extended attribute names : No such file or directory
* client:/path save: Warning: Problem getting extended attribute names
* client:/path save: Unable to get size of extended attribute names : No such file or directory
* client:/path save: Warning: Problem getting extended attribute names
* client:/path save: Unable to get size of extended attribute names : No such file or directory
* client:/path save: Warning: Problem getting extended attribute names
V client: /path      level=incr,    202 MB 11:38:39    439 files

There are about 20 save sets in this group. This is the only one that I see this message on. The save set (path) in question still appears to get backed up, however. 'Auto media verify' is set to 'Yes' for the given pool, and the affected save set always gets listed with a 'V' for verification even when this message occurs. I have not seen this message on any other save sets for any other groups, however.

It has occurred 8 times since Jan 2007. The group runs nightly. Also, cloning is enabled for the group. Queries against the media database for the group do not indicate any 'clflags' for any of
the save sets, and all the 'ssflags' values are vF or vrF.

We're running NW 7.2.2 on Solaris 2.9 (primary server). Data gets backed up to a storage node (RH ES3) running
NW 7.2.2. Client is running NW 7.2.2 on Linux RH AS3.

Anyone know what might cause this and or how I should interpret this message?

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210