[Networker] Tuning Networker for multiple CPUs
Not sure if you are running Standard or enterprise version of Windows ?
Your responce time lag may be related to other server issues and
networker load at the time of backups?
1. Check Task Manager for CPU, Memmory , Disk Que lenth, Page file & work
ques among others to find the bottleneck.
2. Does the server have enough Phisical memory to support it ?
3. Can you stagger Groups to better load balance the server ?How many
clients does the server support ? How much data do you backup ?
4. Can you sperate Full backups of Test server client on a different day
then production backups ?
5. Does the bottleneck happen throughout the backup cycle or just during a
perticular time , is your backup server dedicated server or handles other
6. User performance monitor if possible outside of the server to monitor
7. Depending on the results you may need to add a storagenode, scatter
your backup routine and or upgrade your server.
To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this
list. You can access the archives at
via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER