Networker

Re: [Networker] No full backups of this save set were found in the media database

2007-05-11 16:35:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] No full backups of this save set were found in the media database
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:28:29 -0400
Sure. Is it a virtual server for a cluster? If so to avoid running the
full every night add save -c virtualclientname into the backup command
field. It is saving the saveset under the physical server name. Thus
when the backup starts everynight for the virtual client it thinks it is
the 1st time running.

The only other issue it could be is that the client was first configured
as one name. I.E short name of client. You than deleted the client and
recreated as the fully qualified name with a new client ID. Each saveset
for the new client will be saved under the old clientid.

Run nsrinfo -r 'clientid' -q'client=shortname' and than longname. See if
you have two different uniquie clientid. If so you will need to fix
this. Let me know I can give you direction on that.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918