Networker

Re: [Networker] setup for networker w/ACSLS

2007-05-08 14:02:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] setup for networker w/ACSLS
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:00:55 -0400
Are you using persistent bindings on you SunV490. Are you using a san
switch to zone your three physical LTOIII to the SUN490. Why the L8500
with only three drives. This is a large enterprise silo which needs
ACSLS to control. Anyway I would use persistent bindings to your HBA.
Once done you should see only three devices in /dev/rmt. I would have
three HBA and zone one drive to each. No more then two LTOIII on a
single HBA. Once you have rebooted your backup server do the following:

Mount a tape via acsls to one drive. When done type in the following
command:
Mt -f /dev/rmt/0cbn status

Figure out what physical drive address maps to what cbn.

I.E 0,3,1,0 maps to /dev/rmt/0cbn.

You need to know this before you build your jukebox.

Below is an example of how I start ssi and mini_el. I do this from a
separate startup script located in /etc/rc2.d. Start these processes
prior to networker starting on reboot.

#!/bin/sh
# Last Modified: 08/21/02
case $1 in
'start')
#
# Start the daemons to interface with STK acsls
#
# Added as per Legato Recomendation. Default is 4 seconds
CSI_RETRY_TIMEOUT=60
export CSI_RETRY_TIMEOUT
# End of Time of increase
#
  CSI_HOSTNAME=livpsacslsha.aig.com
  export CSI_HOSTNAME
  /usr/sbin/mini_el -l /nsr/logs/ssi_event.log &
  /usr/sbin/ssi livpsacslsha.aig.com &
        ;;

'stop')
#
# Stop the acsls daemons
#
        SSIPID=`/usr/ucb/ps ax | grep /usr/sbin/ssi | grep -v grep`
        SSIPID=`echo $SSIPID | cut -d' ' -f1 `
        echo "Stopping ssi"
        kill  $SSIPID
        MINIPID=`/usr/ucb/ps ax | grep mini_el | grep -v grep`
        MINIPID=`echo $MINIPID | cut -d" " -f1 `
        echo "Stopping mini_el"
        kill  $MINIPID
        ;;
esac