Networker

Re: [Networker] Unique save set name problem finally solved?

2007-05-08 11:05:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unique save set name problem finally solved?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:05:47 -0700
> Is anyone actually seeing "unique" save set names reported from mminfo?
> If so, that would surprise me
> because even normal file backups will only generate whatever save set
> name is listed, right? After all, what else
> should it list? Of course, that can be changed using '-N' if run from
> the CLI,  but I'm talking about via nwadmin.
> And I don't know any other way to get the Oracle backups to run other
> than to list the RMAN script name in
> the save set field for the client, and if we do that, we can't very well
> expect anything other than that name to
> get reported by mminfo.

One last option if you really wanted to try this...  Does the nsrnmo (or
whatever agent you're using) also take a '-N' flag like 'save' does?  If
so, you might be able to chain execute it.

Put a new script in the 'backup command' for the client.  That script
would need some smarts to be able to figure out what you want to display
(perhaps based on backup level).  Then it would fire off nsrnmo, passing
in all the command line parameters but adding in an additional '-N' and
a string.

If the agent doesn't take the -N flag, then none of this works.

Given you have a solution for reading this from the file index rather
than the media database, this might not be worthwhile.

Good Luck!