Networker

Re: [Networker] archiving based on timestamp

2007-05-04 02:41:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] archiving based on timestamp
From: Maarten Boot <mboot AT MBOOT DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:40:30 -0700
What first springs to mind:

If this was unix I would script the archives (with the archive module
you can delete automatic after verification, see man nsrarchive).

Something along the lines of:

Cd <dir>
Find . -type f -mtime +30 -print |
While read f
Do
      nsrarchive .......
done

Afterwards you could backup the remaining files as they are modified
withing the last 30 days. (although this is maybe a simplistic view)

[find and shell are availible for windows as well, but you can also
script this with windows native tools]

Maarten