Networker

Re: [Networker] disk backup questions??

2007-05-01 13:54:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] disk backup questions??
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 18:49:29 +0100
An advanced file device is still considered a tape.  The frob is that it's
accessible via 2 devices, one for reading and one for writing.  As such, you
can perform both a read and a write at the same time.  However, while they
should be queued, you won't be able to perform multiple concurrent read
sessions, whether that's for staging, restoring or cloning.  I don't think one
process will pause while another takes over - the second process will just have
to wait until the first is done.

That's to the best of my knowledge, without specific testing, so I may be wrong.

Cheers,

Stuart.