Networker

Re: [Networker] multiple NIC's in a backup server

2007-03-29 02:39:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] multiple NIC's in a backup server
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:32:10 +0200
On 2007-03-28 09:46, Browning, David revealed:

BD> Does anyone know of a white paper, or some other document, that would
BD> help in setting up a Networker server with multiple NIC"s to increase
BD> performance.

Not really. It all depends on what OS you're running though (on the backup
server). First make sure that the network indeed is the bottleneck. If it
is, consider using the OS way of aggregating several adapters into an
etherchannel. We do this in Solaris 10 by creating a link aggregate with
dladm, using LACP. Remember that the switch also has to support, and need
to be configured for LACP for LACP-based aggregations.

//Oscar