Networker

[Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist

2007-03-23 17:54:26
Subject: [Networker] Backup - Log / Checklist
From: "Howard, Patrick" <Patrick_Howard AT ANNTAYLOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:46:05 -0400
Greetings all:

We are going thru an internal audit right now, and a question was asked
of us, that I am confident I will hear more on.  (and not in a good
way).

We have hundreds of Clients and approx 200 groups.

I have Operations staff that monitor the backups, however they don't
have a checklist that says X Group should kick off at X time, etc. etc.

Some of our backups are kicked off by Legato, others are kicked off by
Tivoli Workload Scheduler.

Can anyone share with me their method to verify that the backups that
should ran, has actually ran etc.  I gave the analogy, that if we were
working on a group and decided to not have it auto start, and forgot to
put it back to auto start, there would be no way for the staff to know.
Would love to hear how others are dealing with this.

Failures are not an issue, the team is all over that, it's just a matter
of ensuring that all of the backups have been run.  I know you are going
to say, put a check list together, etc. etc.  Again, it's HUNDREDS of
clients...If that's the only way, then I guess that's what we'll have to
do.

<http://www.anntaylor.com/>

Patrick S. Howard
Ann Taylor
476 Wheelers Farm Road
Milford, CT 06461
(203) 283-8772 direct
(646) 660-0426 mobile
patrick_howard AT anntaylor DOT com
www.anntaylor.com <http://www.anntaylor.com/>

The information in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and
may be legally privileged. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the
intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it (including any
attachments) is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and
delete the message, all attachments, and any copies thereof from your system
and destroy any printout thereof.