Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning operation on EMC Networker

2007-03-21 04:41:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning operation on EMC Networker
From: Diwakar Kumar <Diwakar.Kumar AT ITS DOT WS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:37:53 +0300
Thanks Fazil,

Could you tell this configuration is correct or not? Because I am not able
perform clone operation. I believe that I am missing something.

Software :- Networker 7.3.2

CDL      :- Dl710

Tape     :  ADIC 5.0.1

1) I have configured Tape Library with CDL

2) I have one Server and 6 clients (All Solaris 10) right now.

3) have created 6 SAN Client on CDL and assigned Virtual Tape drive to each
client.

4) have assigned ADIC tape library to Server also as Library( I am not sure
this is correct or not)

5) I can do operation like backup and recover.

6) But I want do move data from CDL to tape Library. For that reason I
thought cloning would be the option. I am struggling to achieve cloning
operation. I am sure something wrong with my configuration.

Can anybody help me?

I want to move data from CDL to Tape (ADIC). How to achieve that? Or what is
the best way to configure CDL with networker?

Early response highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Diwakar