Networker

[Networker] Shared Drive License Question

2007-03-15 06:15:42
Subject: [Networker] Shared Drive License Question
From: Joe Lyons <joe.lyons AT ELINIA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:11:49 -0400
Hi,

I have a scalar 100 with 3 LTO3 Drives attached to my server running
Networker 7.3.2 on a Linux platform.  Whilst running on the evaluation
license all 3 drives were utilised during a backup session.  However,
having added the standard networker llicenses (includuding the auto
changer license) I now can only use one of the drives.  The other two
drives are in a disabled state and when I try to enable them I get the
message

"Cannot enable shared drive due to insufficient licensing"

However I thought that "sharing drives" in networker meant different
storage nodes trying to access tape drives on a media server.  Which is
not what I am trying to do.  I just want my 3 drives on my single
networker instance to be available for backups.

Is there a configuration option I can set to turn off DDS ??  Or do I need
to get a license to enable the other 2 drives ?

Any help greatly appreciated.