Networker

Re: [Networker] how to see when a change occured on a client configuration

2007-03-12 15:06:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to see when a change occured on a client configuration
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:58:40 +0200
Resources are simply files located under /nsr/res/nsrdb/?? (this used to be a single file in earlier versions). What you need to do is find the name of the file which describes the resource you want and recover it from your Networker server backups (MAKE SURE YOU RELOCATE THE RECOVER TO /tmp). For example:

# grep 'name: mondrian' /nsr/res/nsrdb/*/*
/nsr/res/nsrdb/05/0069015a353cfc418442100d:name: mondrian.tau.ac.il;
0.05u 0.02s 0:00.06 116.6%
# cat /nsr/res/nsrdb/05/0069015a353cfc418442100d
aliases: mondrian, www.hpcu.ac.il, openproxy.tau.ac.il, xxx.tau.ac.il,
www.dayan.org, www.machba.ac.il, mondrian.tau.ac.il;
application information:;
archive services: Disabled;
archive users:;
backup command:;
browse policy: TAUpolicy;
client OS type: Linux;
clone storage nodes:;
comment:;
CPUs: 2;
directive: TAU - Unix with compression directives;
enabler in use: Yes;
executable path:;
group: 3rd;
index path:;
licensed applications:;
licensed PSPs:;
name: mondrian.tau.ac.il;
ndmp: No;
NetWorker version: 7.1.3.Build.404;
owner notification:\
"/usr/ucb/Mail -s \"mondrian.tau.ac.il backups\" ariel AT post.tau.ac DOT il,david AT post.tau.ac DOT il";
parallelism: 4;
password:;
priority: 500;
remote access: gilboa.tau.ac.il, repin.tau.ac.il, sedna.tau.ac.il,
newaristo.tau.ac.il;
remote user: backups;
retention policy: TAUpolicy;
Save operations:;
save set: All;
schedule: TAU Full on 3rd Friday of Month;
server network interface:;
storage nodes: nsrserverhost;
type: NSR client;
resource identifier: 0.105.1.90.53.60.252.65.132.66.16.13(610)

0.00u 0.01s 0:00.02 50.0%

Bob Flynn wrote:
I have just checked in /nsr/logs, there is not rap.log file, and no
sign.

Looking at the help, it indicates

The Monitor RAP (Resource Allocation Protocol) option tracks the history
of additions, deletions, or modifications to a NetWorker resource or
resource attribute. These changes are recorded in the rap.log file
located in the NetWorker_install_path\logs directory. The rap.log file
lists the user name, the source computer, and the time of the
modification. Sufficient information is logged in the rap.log file to
enable an administrator to undo any changes.

Note: By default, the Monitor RAP option is disabled.
To enable the Monitor RAP option:

1.      Click Set Up Server on the Configure tab.

2.      In the Set Up Server dialog box.

3.      On the General tab of the Set Up Server dialog box, set the
Monitor RAP option to Enabled.

4.      Click OK.

Which is what I am looking for I guess. I assume all bets are off for
any changes last week ?

-Bob