Networker

[Networker] ndmp multi-stream

2007-03-12 12:07:49
Subject: [Networker] ndmp multi-stream
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:00:19 -0400
Each Celerra Datamover is its own NAS, and is *definitely* limited to 4 NDMP connections. If something happens and you try to have a fifth connection run, the NDMP portion will get unstable, and you may have to cycle the NAS to get it to clear up. My suggestion is to set client parallelism to 3 for each head.

I'm not sure what happens if you try to have more than 4 Tape drives be used on a Celerra at once.

If you are going to go over the LAN anyways, you may want to just have the NDMP streams write to a standard NetWorker tape drive (nsrndmp_save -M, I believe, does that). Tape drive management with the Celerra is a bit difficult, since you have limited control of paths, and have to use the actual path name (c128t1l0, for instance, not the internal alias)

Dave