Networker

Re: [Networker] Accessing Legato documentation?

2007-03-08 11:58:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Accessing Legato documentation?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:54:33 -0500
On Mar 8, 2007, at 11:37 AM — 3/8/07, George Sinclair wrote:

This is kind of a dumb question, but is it possible for non-Legato customers to access certain documentation, say something like the Hardware Compatibility Guide, without having to have a username and password?

I don't have problems using powerlink to access these documents, and I can understand keeping some of these documents outside the general purview, but seems silly to require vendors to set up some username and password to determine if a given drive or tape library is supported, doesn't it? Shouldn't this be publicly available? Maybe it is?

Each site should have a NetWorker or EMC contract administrator designated on the Power Link web site. What your contract administrator can do is set up accounts for other users to allow them to get to the knowledge base, documentation, and other resources.