Networker

Re: [Networker] disk parallelism question

2007-03-07 14:24:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] disk parallelism question
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:21:21 -0800
> Networker for windows.
>
> If I designate multiple savesets in a client from a disk's directory,
> eg. for Disk E:\
>
> E:\dir1
> E:\dir2
> E:\dir3
>
> Will this override the default E:\ saveset?

No.  But I don't know what default you're talking about.

You can't mix 'All' and additional savesets, so neither E:\ nor any
other filesystem will be picked up unless you mention it explicitly.

However, if you have things in E:\ outside fo dir1, dir2, dir3, then
they'll be missed.

> I have a volume with a static set of root level directories (so I don't
> need another client instance to pick up anything else), so I don't need
> to add a skip directive anywhere, right?

If you can guarantee that, then it sounds correct to me.