Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Exclude List

2007-03-04 14:57:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Exclude List
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:55:09 +0200
See nsr(5). Type 'man 5 nsr' on your linux console ('man nsr' is something else).

Joe Lyons wrote:
Hi,

I'm a noob to networker coming from a netbackup environment. I have what is probably a very simple question but the answer to which I can't see anywhere on my trawl around the net.

I would like to exclude file and directories on various unix clients. In the NB world I would simply create an exclude list on the client in the appropriate directory. With networker there are standard directives but I dont want these excludes to be universal excludes but specific to certain clients. Does the same principal apply as in NB ? and if so where are these files stored ? You would think that this topic would be so common that i would have had no problem finding the answer in the documentation etc, but believe me i couldn't find it..so please excuse my ignorance on the subject, this question isn't born out of laziness, but frustration (and maybe stupidity) in not finding the answer !!

Networker 7.3.2
Linux Master

Many thanks in advance for any help