Networker

[Networker] How to avoid library reconfiguration

2007-01-23 08:52:13
Subject: [Networker] How to avoid library reconfiguration
From: Robert Vuerstaek <robert.vuerstaek AT COMPAREX DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:37:32 +0100
Hello,

I have a Netbackup 7.3.2 server and 3 storage nodes, all on  Win 2003
servers. My library with 4 LTO3 fibre Tape-drives is SAN connected to
the 4 servers via Qlogic boards (QLA2462).  DDS for the 4 tapedrives is
enabled and on the Qlogic boards Persistent Binding is activated (with
SanSurfer utility).

The logical tapepaths are \\.\Tape0, \\.\Tape1, \\.\Tape2 and \\.\Tape3.

When I loose, for whatever what reason, the connection to a tapedrive
and the server is rebooted, the tapedrives are scanned again and I will
have the following logical paths: \\.\Tape0, \\.\Tape1and \\.\Tape2.
Because the logical tapepaths have been changed, I need to reconfigure
the library with jbconfig.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem in order to avoid
reconfiguring the library?

Persistent binding does not solve this.

Kind regards

Robert

--
This message is intended for the specified recipient only. It is strictly
prohibited to disclose it to any other person without Comparex Belgium's

Proposals or contracts transmitted by e-mail are only binding on Comparex
Belgium if they are sent in PDF-format and bear the signatures of legal
representatives of Comparex Belgium.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential information or
information protected by intellectual property or other rights. Comparex
Belgium is not responsible for the correct or complete transfer of the
information sent, nor for its timely delivery. Comparex Belgium does not
guarantee the accuracy or completeness of messages sent by e-mail and is not
liable for any direct or indirect damage, which might arise from e-mails,
including as a result of potential viruses. Although Comparex is scanning
all messages and attachments before the sending, please always scan attachments
before opening.