Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup NSS on OES Linux

2007-01-15 06:30:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup NSS on OES Linux
From: Andrew Horne <a.horne AT sheffield.ac DOT uk>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:25:03 +0000
NETWORKER automatic digest system wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:48:42 -0600
> From:    Jon Curtis Bronken <jon.bronken AT NDSU DOT EDU>
> Subject: Backup NSS on OES Linux
>
> Greetings all,
>
> I am wondering if anyone has heard when Emc/Legato will support
> backups
> of NSS, NDS, etc on Novell's OES Linux?  I know there is a RFE but
> have not heard  anything for 6 months.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> JB

The Legato/EMC bug reference for that was LGTpa82036 I think.

There was a discussion on one of the Novell lists about this last year, here is a link to that discussion on Google Groups -

http://novgroups1.notlong.com

There is also a patch on the Novell website which addresses a problem backing up extended NSS attributes under OES Linux. I am not sure if this is for the same problem but it may well be!

Here's a link to that -

http://support.novell.com/techcenter/psdb/c3756e8b0e0ef55dfc3d73fab31b6ec1.html

Best regards,

Andrew Horne