Networker

Re: [Networker] Media database gone after server migration/upgrade

2007-01-10 10:29:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media database gone after server migration/upgrade
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:16:33 +0100
Hi,

What you should do :

Try your interim upgrade as you di ....

> I tried upgrading on an interim machines (running
>Solaris 8 Sparc) to 7.2.2 and then 7.3.2 and everything is still there.

At this stage, start a bootstrap backup and full index backup of all of
your clients.

Install scratch 732 on Solaris 10 x86_amd

Use mmrecover to recover the mmdb (same build 732),

Then, when all Volumes are still in media db, then use "nsrck -L 7" to
recover your client file indexes.

Process then with license re-authentication if your hostid is not the
same anymore.

HTH

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/