Networker

[Networker] How to change location field for volume?

2007-01-08 18:19:42
Subject: [Networker] How to change location field for volume?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:09:41 -0500
Hi,

Is there a way to change the location that NetWorker reports for a volume to empty or null; in other words
what ever it would report if the tape was no longer in the library?

We're running 7.2.2 on Solaris using a Linux storage node (7.2.2). We have a bunch of tapes that are still listed in one of our tape libraries, but they're no longer physically in that library. Most are on shelf and some are off site. The reason this happened is because we had an old 6.x server, and then we set up a new 7.x server on a new box (same host name). When we transferred everything (indexes, media database, etc.), the status quo was fine. Later, we temporarily shut down the new server and brought up the old server and removed most of the tapes from that library, so the old server is in sync. Only 4 of those tapes are still in there. Then we shut the old server down and brought the new server back up. The new server sees the 4 tapes correctly and sees that all the other slots are empty which is correct, but the volumes listing still reports those
other volumes as being located in that library.

Other than reloading all those tapes, inventorying them, removing them and then re-inventorying the slots, is there any way around this situation?
In some cases, I have some tapes off site that would be a pain to re-load.

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210