Networker

Re: [Networker] Feedback on Networker 7.x and NETAPP NDMP required

2006-12-22 05:01:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Feedback on Networker 7.x and NETAPP NDMP required
From: Bob Flynn <Bob.Flynn AT S3GROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:41:08 -0000
We have being using this, ie ndmp across network and it works a treat. A
couple of things.

1.      If you are running it across the network, then consider a
separate network and jumbo frames to improve performance and reduce
inpact on primary network. ( I think mentioned elsewhere ( this really
does free up dedicated resources ).
2.      Check the version of data on tap and use latest, we had some
problems of slow snapshots which impacted on netapp performance and on
ndmp backups ( we do  a lot of snapshots because we break down the data
to a fairly grainular level to backup via ndmp ). This problem was
eventually resolved by upgrading data on tap version.

Looking at our ticket, we migrated to Data on-tap 7.0.5 to resolve this.
We were previously running version 7.0.3.

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications AT s3group DOT com.
Thank You.