Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.2.2 Jumbo shipped out quietly...

2006-12-16 21:57:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.2.2 Jumbo shipped out quietly...
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 03:57:28 +0100
On 2006-12-17 13:07, Peter Viertel revealed:

PV> It seems a rather dishonest approach to patching, making us do all the
PV> work to figure out what we get from an update so it doesn't look bad to
PV> new customers... And as usual I'd bet money on there being more fixes
PV> than they've listed...

To my knowledge, they don't release an official list of fixed bugs in the
release notes, until an official release of 7.2.3, where all the bugs
should be listed. If they don't, then I'll sign on the "dishonest" remark.
:)

IMHO, I think its good that they seem to focus more on product stability
now, rather than letting marketing and product development push new, and
probably broken features instead. I guess our complaints about what they
should put their product development effort paid off at last (ie fix bugs,
not develop new releases with new features until we have something solid
to start from). However, the 7.3 branch still has a long way to go.

//Oscar