Networker

[Networker] Upgrade 7.2.1 -> 7.3.2

2006-12-14 23:34:49
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade 7.2.1 -> 7.3.2
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:30:03 -0500
Well as a going away present my boss "allowed me" to finish all site
upgrades from 7.2.1 -> 7.3.2 on all of our servers nationwide (except
our Banyan Servers which still use Networker 4.x)...

I must say that was taxing... Some weird network/file compression
anomaly REQUIRED a local copy of the 7.3.2 binaries on each server for
the upgrade to work properly (otherwise it said data1.cab was
corrupt)... I tried replacing the file with the one from the zip file,
but it still did not work... I thought I got a bum copy but when I
copied the whole zip file to the local servers and extracted them it
worked perfectly. Weird had to do that for each server. /shrug whatever
it is working now.

I like the new NetWorker management console.

Beyond the "Pretty GUI" factor it is giving a lot more information. I
find I can do more/faster... Time will tell....

Semper Fidelis et Paratus! /ALE
Eddie Albert
Enterprise Network Engineer
Air Force Real Property Agency