Networker

[Networker] Max size for server side directives?

2006-12-08 10:42:51
Subject: [Networker] Max size for server side directives?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:19:04 -0500
Hi,

Is there a size limit for server side directives? I thought I heard something about this back in 6.x, or maybe 5.x. I never knew what the limit was (number of lines, total number of characters, or what). We're using 7.2.2 now.

I seem to recall having some issues with this back in 6.x, maybe just once, and I think breaking it down into 2 directives fixed it, but my memory is very sketchy on that. In general, I don't recall bumping up against this problem except maybe once, and maybe something else was causing the problem, and it wasn't the
directive after all. I may never know.

It's made me kind of paranoid ever since so I've used client side directives
many times to avoid making the ones on the server too long, but there could be a size limit for the client side
directives, too?

Anybody have the scoop on this?

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210