Networker

Re: [Networker] Browse and Retention planning/question

2006-11-30 12:43:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Browse and Retention planning/question
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:31:09 -0500
Two pools. Daily pool and infinite pool. You have to have a browse and
retention policy set. I do not think you can create any policy past the
year 2036, so create a 25 year retention and 3 months browsable. If you
leave your browsable retention as 25 years your index DB could get
large.

Assign both pools to your one tape device. Create two client entries.
Create two groups and assign both to the client entries. Create a unique
schedule for your browse and retention polices. Assign the unique
schedule to the group. Assign the group to the correct pool. Pre-label
all tapes especially for the browse/retention policy of 28 days. Turn on
auto-media management for the device. Let networker label the tapes for
the pool with the infinite retention. The default labeling scheme will
be servername.001 ...etc...etc or you could pre-label those also.

EDWARD COTY
OPEN SYSTEMS STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918