Networker

Re: [Networker] Faulty device status info

2006-11-27 11:27:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Faulty device status info
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:24:17 -0000
Stan,
        Sorry, I forgot to mention, be careful not to remove the
carriage return from the resource field when removing the
tape/barcode/slot entry (they act as place markers) so, if your labels =
barcode and the barcode was 123456L3 and the slot was 234 then
Position cursor on the end 3 of entry the loaded barcode field and press
backspace 8 times. Do this for the tape name too and for the slot number
above you would position cursor just after the 4 and backspace 3 times.

If you leave the carriage returns in then Networker will not complain.
(I know it is a bit fiddly and probably not supported by EMC but it has
got me out of a few similar situations).

You could try deleting volume from media database and relabelling a
scratch volume, but I'm not sure if that will buy you anything

Regards
Bob