Networker

Re: [Networker] Faulty device status info

2006-11-27 09:52:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Faulty device status info
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:46:18 -0000
Hmm.  Maybe a bit late, but if you can identify the save which thinks it's
writing to that drive, that should filter back through to NetWorker.  Should be
obtainable from the daemon.log if you can't get it using lsof against the
[dead] nsrmmd.

Otherwise, if all other backups on that storage node are done, you may be able
to kill off the nsrexecd process on that system.  The server will see this and
restart the mmds.  It *may* be possible to try running a small save to that
pool with other drives in service mode.  Haven't tried this, but this may force
nsrd into realising that the mmd is no longer there.

HTH,

Stuart.