Networker

[Networker] Faulty device status info

2006-11-27 09:20:46
Subject: [Networker] Faulty device status info
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:18:23 -0500
I had an backup fail on me over the holiday weekend. This is on a Sony PetaSite connected via fibre to a Sun Solaris 9 server. I think the tape cartridge was faulty. The problem is, I can't seem to convince NetWorker 7.2.1 to that this particular tape cartridge is no longer receiving data. I used my tape library's GUI to remove that tape, but NetWorker insists its still being written to, even though the NetWorker GUI and "nsrjb -C" both indicate the tape drive in question is not loaded with anything.

Does anyone have any tricks that would allow me to change the status of this device so that I can use it again without shutting down the NetWorker software or doing a reboot? I tried killing off the relevant nsrmmd process, so perhaps that's what is causing this problem.