Networker

Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message

2006-11-23 05:18:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] device is not available - storage node error message
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:07:17 +0000
The devices on the storage node were configured from the legato server. I'm not
sure what you mean by this being normal behaviour. The problem is that i cannot
use the tape devices from the storage node. I have attempted to test this by
mounting a tape on the tape devices that belong to the storage node. I have
also attempted to start a backup and the storage nodes tape devices are not
available this way.

  Mark

Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:
  On Nov 17, 2006, at 8:12 AM, mark wragge wrote:

> The devices work when I use the networker server. The server is
> Solaris but my storage node is HP-UX

So? What's the problem? I presume you initially configured the
devices on the storage node from the server? If so, I am fairly sure
what you are seeing is normal behavior.