Networker

[Networker] DNS suffix on backup server

2006-11-16 06:50:03
Subject: [Networker] DNS suffix on backup server
From: Kobus Strydom <KStrydom AT MEDIHELP.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:31:51 +0200
I took over a Networker backup environment about three years ago. My
backup server is named with no DNS suffix. My company now requires this
to be changed for security purposes, but as soon as I enable DNS suffix,
everything just breaks, nothing works. Clients can't connect at all.

Is there a special way of doing this? We are also planning on changing
domain name in the near future, how would I apply this to my backup
environment without losing everything and starting from scratch?

JP

Medihelp is an Authorised Financial Services Provider
NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof,
is subject to the standard Medihelp eMail disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.medihelp.co.za/disclaimer.htm
<<<< GWAVASIG >>>>