Networker

Re: [Networker] sustained firewall config issues

2006-11-13 18:27:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] sustained firewall config issues
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:22:21 +1100
That's the lowdown on the ports. Beautifully put by Davina as usual.

I would add that if you are doing large filesystem backups over the
firewall these may potentially run for longer than the firewall's TCP
timeout and sessions can be interrupted... To prevent this you should
set the tcp_keepalive interval on the **server** to something shorter
than the timeout - eg 30 minutes...

If we had a functioning FAQ for this list I reckon the firewall question
would be near the top of it.