Networker

Re: [Networker] warning - the storage node list is invalid.

2006-11-09 12:41:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] warning - the storage node list is invalid.
From: Jeff Kelly <jeffkell AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:33:27 -0800
One thing I ran into with 7.3.2 (Linux) was that a storage node does not
support multiple network paths.  I have a dedicated backup network, and the
work around for the networker issue was to ensure that my storage node's
hostname was the backup network hostname, not the main network's hostname.

ie:

192.168.1.50      host  #Regular Network
10.1.1.50   host-bk     #Backup Network

Had to ensure that I configured my hostname to "host-bk" instead of "host"
in order to have my storage node on my backup network.  The other
"supported" option I got from EMC was to purchase multiple storage node
licenses for this host, and configure multiple storage nodes on the
networker server (each with the appropriate name)...

Jeff

             mark wragge
             <mark_t_wragge@YA
             HOO.IE>                                                    To
             Sent by: EMC              NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE                                     Subject
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            [Networker] warning - the storage
                                       node list is invalid.

             09/11/2006 03:38
             AM

             Please respond to
               EMC NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
                mark wragge
             <mark_t_wragge@YA
                  HOO.IE>

I have configured one legato server and one storage node. Yesterday they
appeared to be working. My daemon.log has started to display this message
every two minutes - Warning: the storage node list is invalid.

  The message appears to have started after last nights backup groups
completed successfully. Both my server and my storage nodes are working
correctly??

  My storage node name is listed in just one of the clients storage nodes
attribute. Otherwise all servers are using nsrserverhost.

  Any idea why this message is appearing and how can it be resolved?

  Thanks, Mark

type
"signoff networker" in the
if