Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 on SLES9

2006-11-09 09:46:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 on SLES9
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:37:39 +0000
Dag Nygren wrote:

Hi,

i know it is not supported - but is anyone running
Networker 7.2.2 on SLES 9 ?

Hi,

It works except from the fact that you have a 2 min
access delay to any EMPTY tape drive. This comes
from the fact that the tape driver in Linux 2.6  has
changed the interface slightly. You can patch the driver
to avoid this if you want to or just live with the fact.
Finally I have found someone who knows about this problem that I have seen. I would have guessed that it was longer than 2 minutes, but it's probably the phenomenon about a watched kettle.

My system is running Gentoo Linux with an up-to-date kernel (I hesitate to call it bleeding edge since 2.6 is after all a production kernel series). Dan can you please give me a pointer on how to patch this to avoid the problem?

"signoff networker" in the