Networker

Re: [Networker] Antw: Re: [Networker] Incremental backup of large volume takes longer than full

2006-11-03 05:44:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Antw: Re: [Networker] Incremental backup of large volume takes longer than full
From: Paul Brears <paul AT IFL DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:38:49 -0000
I can't find the environment variable name but two more portable solutions
are:Create a nsr.dir file
in the root of the drive in question: (I think these files are case
sensitive)We also added a
"+skip: *.TMP" line to not backup files ending in .TMP on that filesystem. The
combined effect on
one box was to get 25 hours down to 7 << "E:\" >>
ignoreThis will cause Legato to ignore all future directive files on the file
system:
The other way is to use -i when issuing the save command.

Let me know how you get on.

Paul