Networker

[Networker] error on nsrck -L7

2006-11-02 11:04:09
Subject: [Networker] error on nsrck -L7
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:53:37 +0100
Hi,

I do not know why I get this error. First, I did a 'scanner -v -m /dev/nst1', followed by a 'nsrck -L7 temp' and got this error:

# nsrck -L7 temp
nsrck: checking index for 'temp'
nsrck: The file index for client 'temp' will be recovered.
nsrck: The index recovery for 'temp' failed.
nsrck: File index error: can't find index backups for 'temp' on server 'r2d2'

nsrck: Completed checking 1 client(s)

I did all this because the client file index for temp was missing because I had deleted the client resource and the index files some time ago. Before I started with scanner, I re-created the client temp with the matching client id. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the