Networker

[Networker] re Cloning and setting new browse time

2006-11-02 10:39:52
Subject: [Networker] re Cloning and setting new browse time
From: "Bob Flynn (bobf)" <Bob.Flynn AT S3GROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 15:23:59 +0000
I would be interested in any information on this.

We had looked at keeping on line copies on disk and taking a copy off
site, but with 7.2 the retention times for an original and either staged
or cloned copy was the same. As I understand it, the database was
modified in 7.3, allowing separate retention times for multiple copies
of a save set, allowing a disk copy to have a short retention time, and
an offsite tape copy for example to have a longer retention time.

Because of the concern about 7.3, we are sitting at 7.2.1 and waiting
for 7.3 under linux to be more stable before making the jump.

As I understand it, even if we go to 7.3, we are still going to be hit
by the browse time for multiple copies ? I would have though there would
be a one -to-one relationship to unique saveset copies for browse times
as there it for retention times ?

Have you checked with legato on this ?

I ask, because we will be hit by this if this problem still exists and
there is no workaround.

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications AT s3group DOT com.
Thank You.