Networker

Re: [Networker] detecting read/write status of tape

2006-10-31 23:20:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] detecting read/write status of tape
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:17:01 +1100
Try running /usr/sbin/cdi_get_status -v -f /dev/rmt/Xcbn

If you compare the output from when the drive is empty or a WP tape is
in there and a writeable one is you may see some difference in the
outputs.... There are various flags reported but they're not documented
anywhere I've found so we need someone to try it out....