Networker

[Networker] detecting read/write status of tape

2006-10-29 19:22:53
Subject: [Networker] detecting read/write status of tape
From: Rolf <rolf AT SES.TAS.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:19:18 +1100
hello

I can't seem to find a way to determine the read only or read write status of an LTO2 tape. Using Solaris. mt won't tell me.

I thought nsrmm would report the status but I can't see how if it can.

If anyone knows how to find out the status of the read/write tab in a form suitable for incorporation into a script I'd be most grateful.

thank you.

rolf.

This message may contain confidential information which is intended only for
the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email
by mistake and delete this email from your system.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses.
in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.

"signoff networker" in the