Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP backup of EMC Celerra on NON-NDMP tape drive

2006-10-26 18:55:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP backup of EMC Celerra on NON-NDMP tape drive
From: "Green, Lisa" <Lisa.Green AT CLARK.WA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:50:15 -0700
From: Green, Lisa
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:49 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

We are planning on implementing a EMC Celerra (with 2 Datamovers) that
we hope to backup using NDMP and non-ndmp tape drives that are attached
to our Legato Server. We are not planning on setting up a Fiber
connection from the NAS to the Legato Server. We are running Windows
2003 with all the latest SP and hotfixes and Legato 7.2.1. Does anyone
have any past experience with this type of setup and how difficult was
it? How easy? How would you set it up? Were cloning and restores easy or
problematic? Were any special fixes required from Legato? I have read
for you help.