Networker

[Networker] Which is the best client/server versions combination now?

2006-10-26 15:04:49
Subject: [Networker] Which is the best client/server versions combination now?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:25:19 +0200
Hi,

At this time we're runing 7.1.4 server and a combination of differente 7.1.x
clients and we would like to know which is the best client/server versions
for upgrading to (obviously without problems ;-).

I ask this because I've read many problems with different 7.3 versions; some
message saying that is better to stay at 7.2.1/7.2.2, etc. But as we need to
be able to backup ACLs under Unix machines and zfs filesystems we need to
know which is the best combination.

And, which is the best step for migrating, client first or server first?

Thank you very much.

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Systems Manager                | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040