Networker

[Networker] Legato Networker running in Solaris 10 zones

2006-10-25 12:47:58
Subject: [Networker] Legato Networker running in Solaris 10 zones
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:34:28 -0400
All,

I am testing running networker server(7.2.2)and client(7.2.2) in Solaris
10 zones.

You have a global zone that has all the entries for all file systems on
all individual zones in /etc/vfstab of the global zone. Each individual
zone has no entries in /etc/vfstab except a file system called
/system/contract.

When you run backups with a saveset of ALL it will not pick up any
mounted file systems.

Has anyone started testing or working with this?

The backups work when I hardcode the file systems into my saveset field
for each client. But I would like to not have to resort to doing this
for obvious reasons.

I was trying to place a .nsr file in each file system. The directive
would be << / >>
    Allow: *.*

I was hoping this would backup the file system even though its not
listed in /etc/vfstab.

Its not working.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

EDWARD COTY