Networker

Re: [Networker] Timestamps for recovered Oracle files?

2006-10-20 14:31:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Timestamps for recovered Oracle files?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:21:48 -0400
Following is the rman script that was working with tape. We've since commented out the 'set until' time line since
that wasn't working:

run {
allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
#allocate channel d1 type disk;
#set until time 'Oct 16 2006 21:00:00';
restore controlfile to '/0/oracle10.2/recover/y';
#restore controlfile from 'SBT_TAPE';
sql 'alter database mount';
restore database;
recover database;
sql 'alter database open resetlogs';
}

Here are the environment variables we set before running this script shown from 'env':

NLS_DATE_FORMAT=Mon DD YYYY HH24:MI:SS
NLS_LANG=american

I should also note that we've since re-tested another rman script working with disk, and that, too, fails in a similar fashion. Here's that script. Either of the 'until time'
lines causes a problem. We've also tried both double and single quotes.

run {
set until time 'SEP 20 2006 20:00:00';
restore controlfile from AUTOBACKUP;
#restore controlfile until time "TO_DATE('09/30/2006','MM/DD/YYYY')";
sql 'alter database mount';
restore database;
recover database;
sql 'alter database open resetlogs';
}

Lancy Quadros wrote:

George,

If possible, could you post the entire rman recover script (with
server/db names obscured if you wish) with a copy of the environment
variables in effect during the rman session?

Lancy