Networker

Re: [Networker] how to list license consumption for application modules...

2006-10-19 09:15:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to list license consumption for application modules...
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:08:50 +0200
  You could script something to inspect /nsr/res/nsrdb/*/* and check for
'licensed application' attribute. You need to be carefule, because clients
might have multiple objects, as in:

# grep 'licensed applications: NetWorker Module for Microsoft SQL Server'
/nsr/res/nsrdb/*/* | wc
       6      48     654

 but

etWorker Module for Microsoft SQL Server
                     Available: 3
                          Used: 3
                     Remaining: 0

  because each client is defined twice (once for filesystem and once for
SQL). But some clients might have three of four object defined.

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Shyam Hegde wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Greetings!
>
> Sorry for asking this silly question here..
>
> Recently I am asked to list license consumption statistics for all the
> licenses (like total, consumed and remaining) on all my networker server (26
> of them, version 7.0.Build.322on SunOS mrlsv001 5.9 Generic_118558-28 )
>
> nsrlic -v does not list SQL, Oracle, Exchange Application Module licenses
> but gives all other details. My management is more interested this time
> about application module licenses. What is the command should I use to
> extract this information about licenses.
>
> TIA
>
> Regards
> Shyam

> type "signoff networker" in the
> body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
> edu if you have any problems
> wit this list. You can access the archives at

> PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer
> viruses.

-- Yaron.