Networker

[Networker] working now - RE: [Networker] backup failing after server upgrade

2006-10-17 18:52:04
Subject: [Networker] working now - RE: [Networker] backup failing after server upgrade
From: don karnash <donkarnash AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:47:52 -0700
Hello All,

  I have added the new server details in /etc/hosts and now it is working.
Thanks a lot to Thierry, Peter & Shyam.
  I have another problem now. The servers are connected to a unmanaged Netgear
gigabyte switch and I have given the servers private IP address of 192.168.23.1
& 192.168.23.2. When I ping each server with the IP address, it is pinging over
the private network but when the backups are on, I can see that it is writing
at 1200KB/s. Is there any reason why the backup over the gigabyte private
network is writing at such low speeds ???? To backup 450 GB takes about 18
hours. Can anyone please advise. Thanks

countries) for 2¢/min or less.