Networker

Re: [Networker] backup failing after server upgrade

2006-10-17 04:01:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup failing after server upgrade
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:50:37 +0200
Just a stupid question :

> nsrexec: nsrexecd on smm-mnis is unavailable

Did you verify nsrexecd to be running on SMM-MNIS ?
It looks not or Host IP Addr changed, causing the backup server
to contact another host matching SMM-MNIS DNS resolution where
NetWorker agent is not running.

If nsrexecd is running, verify your IP Settings, DNS and you
correctly connect on the right server ...

HTH

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/