Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC 3.2.3 installation on RHEL4 x86_64 (solved)

2006-10-13 18:14:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC 3.2.3 installation on RHEL4 x86_64 (solved)
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:07:13 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Davina Treiber [mailto:DavinaTreiber AT PeeVRo.co DOT uk]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 2:22 PM
To: EMC NetWorker discussion; Clark, Patricia
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC 3.2.3 installation on RHEL4 x86_64

Clark, Patricia wrote:
> I have NMC installed using all of the default port settings, firewall
> turned off, and v7.3.2 server running on a Red Hat v4 x86_64 machine.
> It's all brand new and installed with only 64 bit software.
>
> JRE is 1.5 with Web Start.  Seems that Web Start is only available in
> 32 bit mode.  I've added the 32-bit libgcc, put in the required
> symlink for java in firefox and adjusted the entry in the .mailcap
> file.  However, I'm still receiving notification from NMC in my
> browser that it does not think java is installed.  I ran through this
> same process on a regular
> 32 bit installation of RHELv4 and had no trouble running through the
> installation wizard.  I am not getting any other clues.  I'm looking
> for suggestions.

JRE has to be 1.4.2. 1.5 is not supported.

Not according to the release notes, pg 3. It is the only place that
mentions this and the NMC package still comes with the 1.4.2 JRE.
Everywhere else it says NMC must use 1.4.2.

Actually, the base issue ended up being that firefox, the 64 bit
version, cannot run 32 bit plugins.  I had to install all of the
dependencies and the 32 bit version of firefox to run the java plugin.

Patti