Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap retentions problem

2006-10-10 09:33:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap retentions problem
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:30:49 -0400
Make sure your backup server is in a group that is scheduled through
Networker. This should prevent the bootstrap from running when all
groups finish.

You could do the following. Change all backup groups to no index save.
Create a new group and assign to every client including your backup
server. Assign this group to the pool that you want all indexes and
bootstrap to go to. Say INDEX pool. Group name you could call Daily

Every morning when backup are complete run the group via CLI with the
following parameters:

Savegrp -O -l full -N 10 Daily_Indexes

The -N is to run no more than 10 streams at once. I have my drive
parallelism set to 10. This way I get all indexes and the bootstrap on
one tape. Make it nice and neat.

EDWARD COTY
OPEN SYSTEMS STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098