Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem deleting an old pool resource

2006-09-27 11:48:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem deleting an old pool resource
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:41:39 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Problem deleting an old pool resource, Stan...:

In NetWorker 7.2.1 on Solaris 9, I am having trouble deleting a pool
that was set up a few years ago to receive NDMP data for a client that
was taken out of production several months ago. The client resource has
long since been removed. No client file entries exist for this client,
nor can I find any evidence of its tapes in the media database. Despite
this, whenever I try to delete the unwanted tape pool with nwadmin, I
get an error message that says "Pool PostofficeC cannot be deleted
because it has active volumes in the media database" which is wrong. How
do I go about convincing the nwadmin GUI that it should allow me to
delete this tape pool?

What does

        mminfo -q 'pool=PostofficeC' -r 'volume,client,clientid'

report?  Anything?

If you know the client id for the client that was deleted, what does

        mminfo -q 'clientid=the_client_id_here' -r volume

report?

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                           Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                      (701) 231-1076 (Voice)

"signoff networker" in the