Networker

Re: [Networker] multi-threaded/single-threaded

2006-09-20 13:28:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] multi-threaded/single-threaded
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:19:16 -0400
On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:54 AM — 9/20/06, Teresa Biehler wrote:

We've been doing some monitoring on our NetWorker server. We find that
one of four CPUs is VERY busy.  I'm guessing this means that something
within NetWorker is single-threaded.  Is there information somewhere
about which of the daemons are single-threaded and which are
multi-threaded?

If you look at the "top" utility during a backup, you can get a good idea of what's happening. The nsrd process is single-threaded as far as I can tell, at least up to and including version 7.2.1.

"signoff networker" in the