Networker

Re: [Networker] Directives question

2006-09-18 11:50:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directives question
From: Jason Kölker <jason AT KOELKER DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:30:52 -0500
On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 10:53 -0400, Clark, Patricia wrote:
> We are changing from a methodology of listing specific save sets to
> include in our backups to including ALL and excluding specific save
> sets.  So, now directives are really coming into play and I'm working on
> setting up custom directives.  I'm having some of the same issues with
> Solaris as with Linux.  I have save sets (partitions) defined in my
> /etc/vfstab or /etc/fstab that are being picked up by Networker.  For
> example, on some of my systems /tmp has its own defined partition.
> While I've been able to set up the directive to exclude all of the
> files, I still have /tmp listed in the savegroup report.  I have many
> other partitions in a similar mode, such as Oracle database partitions.
> Is there any way using directives to not have /tmp listed in the
> savegroup report?

The issue is that since these folders are partitions, a savefs gets
spawned for each of them from the savefs probe that reads the fstab
entries.  Since directives are applied by save during a filesystem walk,
I do not believe there is any way to prevent there "skipped" partitions
from showing up in the report.

You will notice however that their size is listed at 4k (the size of a
directory) so you should be able to write a quick script to pipe the
report through to remove those filesystems that only have 4k backed up.

Happy Hacking!

7-11